We invite applications for a full-time data scientist position with training in the areas of statistical and machine learning to help the team with data analytics and product development in the field of behavioral economics. Looking for a new challenge or to kick-start your career with a fast-growing EdTech company? Join us on an exciting and challenging journey that is making a difference in education.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who is able to conceptualize, implement and tune predictive models, using unique behavioral data as input, to produce meaningful business insights, let it be hiring, retention predictions, or performance forecasting. Traits matching this role include an inquisitive mind showing an interest in behavioral and experimental economics, willingness to take on multiple roles, attention to details, hard-working attitude, and critical thinking skills when challenges arise.
- Apply strong math skills and statistical knowledge to advanced data mining and data analysis activities.
- Build, implement, and optimize predictive behavioral models by applying statistical, machine learning, and deep learning techniques.
- Decipher patterns within large quantities of data and present key characteristics through data visualization.
- Demonstrate strong programming skills in large-scale data analysis and strong competency in databases.
- Fully test algorithms and code and develop with a test-driven mentality to ensure the highest level of credibility, reliability, and maintainability.
- Interface with economists, developers, and project managers to formulate and develop solutions for features and functionality.
- Translate business questions into definable metrics and concrete actions. Ability to explain the story the numbers are telling, test hypotheses with numerical data, and identify problem areas.
- Write documentation, business reports, internal technology white papers, and statistical system blueprints / specifications.
- Be hands-on, energetic, organized, detail oriented, and most importantly, a team player!
- Master’s degree or above in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, economics, data science, or informatics is required.
- Experience with data manipulation in SQL and NoSQL databases and datastores.
- Experience in big data frameworks such as MapReduce, PIG, or HIVE.
- Experience using or deploying cloud based machine learning solutions (Amazon Sagemaker, Google AI Platform, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience with C, C++, C#, or Java development.
- 1 year or more experience in applying machine learning techniques into real-world applications.
- Compensation includes salary, stock options, bonus, and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.