MobLab is seeking a 2D Game Artist to help design and illustrate the next generation of educational and analytical games for our online platform and mobile apps. Join us on an exciting and challenging journey to make a difference through games for learning, assessment, and beyond!
Located in beautiful Pasadena, MobLab is an educational technology startup focused on developing interactive behavioral games and their applications, especially in the education domain. Our experimental platform has been in thousands of classrooms around the world, from high school to higher education to business schools, to help students learn social and economic interactions through hands-on and immersive learning. Over the past few years, we have been directing our games to assessment on cognitive and non-cognitive skills and behavioral analytics to help students make personalized decisions in education and career selections.
As a 2D Game Artist, you will join the design team that is tasked with adding content for our rapidly growing library of games. The role will have the following responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
• Work with content and game design teams to create wireframes and help develop game concepts for all projects
• Create art that matches brand aesthetic from concept to implementation
• Create highly functional game interface and menus
• Contribute to the art pipeline while understanding target platform constraints
• Meeting project dealines/milestones
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Knowledge of color theory, UX/UI, concept sketching, and storyboarding.
• Basic understanding of animation principles.
• Self-motivation, excellent communication and organization skills, team spirit, proactivity.
• Positive attitude with the ability to receive and provide objective feedback
• Thorough understanding of digital/traditional drawing and rendering techniques.
• Excellent time-management skills and ability to easily adapt to change.
We also appreciate these qualities
• Bachelor of Arts in Illustration, Animation, or related field.
• Familiarity using Spine
• Graphic Design experience
• Experience with html5 game engines (eg Cocos creator, Phaser)
• Experience using prototyping software (Sketch, Adobe XD, InVision)
• Experience with optimizing art for mobile games.
• Passion for educational games.
• Resume, portfolio (samples or website), and cover letter. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
• This is a paid position with an excellent growth opportunity.
• Excellent medical, dental, and vision plans.
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days.