Looking for a new challenge or to kick-start your career with a fast-growing EdTech company? Join us on an exciting and challenging journey that is making a difference in education. We invite applications for a full-time cognitive psychologist to help the team with product development in behavioral economics, psychology and data analytics.
We are an educational game and technology start-up in Pasadena, CA. Our mission is to deliver engaging learning experiences for economics, business management, and the social sciences through interactive games, and to help people develop behavioral insights to make better decisions across different domains.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate who is able to work with our data science and product teams to conduct meaningful research and translate it into predictive models, using unique behavioral data as input, to produce meaningful business insights. Traits matching this role include an inquisitive mind showing an interest in behavioral and experimental economics, willingness to take on multiple roles, attention to details, hard-working attitude, and critical thinking skills when challenges arise.
- Create and refine models studying habits, learning skills, and personality traits based on education data and conduct scientific analysis on how these measures impact learning outcomes.
- Conduct extensive literature reviews and stay up to date on current academic findings and methods.
- Design and perform large scale research studies.
- Interface with economists, development team, and project manager to formulate and suggest solutions for analytics features and functionality.
- Translate business questions into definable metrics and concrete actions. Ability to explain the story the numbers are telling, test hypotheses with numerical data, and identify problem areas.
- Complete written documentation and report results in the form of business reports, internal technology white papers, and statistical system documentation.
- Hands-on, energetic, organized, meticulous attention to details, and a team player.
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology.
- Experience with data analysis, data modeling and predictive analytics.
- Research background in applied social, cognitive, personality, behavioral psychology.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal.
- Experience with developing new cognitive or game-based assessments.
- Familiarity with classic behavioral economics games (e.g., prisoner’s dilemma, ultimatum/dictator)
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin.
- Scripting or programming experience.
- Experience with data science toolkits and programming language, such as R, and Python.
- Two references required.
- Please provide a scientific writing sample.
- Compensation includes salary, stock options, bonus, and benefits commensurate with experience and qualifications.
When you send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
include a brief email explanation on how you found us and what intrigues you about working for MobLab.